Summer Safety Resource
The summer season is a great time to get outside, enjoy the warmer weather, and spend time with family and friends. Kids especially love the summertime, since school is out and they can be outdoors playing, swimming, or going on vacation with the family. The summer season does carry some risks, however, and it's important to know about summer safety. Learning about the proper safety precautions is important for making sure that you and your family have a fun, enjoyable, memorable, and most importantly, safe summer.
- Sun Safety – A good resource for safety information and precautionary tips for preventing sunburn and skin cancer.
- Sun Safety Tips – A list of tips to stay safe while spending a lot of time in the sun.
- Staying Healthy in the Sun – What to look for in regards to skin cancer and how to be safe while playing in the sun.
- Sun Safety Quiz – Take this quiz to see if you know how to stay safe in the sun.
- For Kids – Information for kids on how to be aware of sun safety.
- Sunburn Safety – A handy article about staying safe and avoiding sunburn.
Mosquito & Tick Bites
- Lyme Disease – Information about this dangerous tick-borne disease.
- Summer Mosquito Safety – Very important information about mosquito safety.
- Mosquito Bites – How to recognize and treat mosquito bites.
- Itch Relief Tips – How to relieve itching from mosquito bites naturally, and some tips for itch relief.
- Tick Removal – Important information about ticks, removal of ticks, and the diseases they carry.
- Tick Safety – How to keep yourself safe this summer and avoid tick bites.
- Bee & Wasp Stings – Overview and details about bee and wasp stings.
- About Bee & Wasp Stings – Something everyone should know about different types of insects that can bite or sting.
- Bee Sting Remedies – This article explains how to treat bee stings and provides advice for the best options.
- Bee Safety – How to deal with a bee sting, how to "bee-proof" your home, and more.
- Bee Season Safety Tips – Summer is definitely bee season; here's help on how to stay safe.
- Bee Sting Allergies – Some people can be allergic to bee stings; here is some important information about it.
- Heat Illness for Employers – What employers should know to help prevent heat illness in their employees.
- Heat Exhaustion – How to know if you have heat exhaustion and what to do to treat it.
- Extreme Heat – Some FAQ's about staying safe in extremely hot temperatures.
- Causes of Heat Stroke – An article discussing the various causes of heat stroke.
- First Aid – Discusses the signs and symptoms of heat illness and how to treat it.
Fireworks & Grill Burns
Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, & Poison Sumac
- Controlling the Itch – These plants can be painful and itchy; here’s some advice on keeping it under control.
- Recognizing the Plants – Pictures and information, so you and your family knows what to look for when spending time outside.
- Quizzes – Try these fun quizzes to help make sure you know about poison ivy, oak, and sumac.
- Causes – What causes these plants to make the skin itchy and have a rash? Find out here.
- Overview – An overview of the basics of poison ivy, oak, and sumac.
- Prevention and Treatment – How to prevent and/or treat poison ivy.
information provided by
www.homesecurity.us is made
available for information purposes only. The
information is provided "as is" with no warranty of
any kind. If you choose to follow the
wifi internet security,
neighborhood terrorism watch,
home security ideas
or any other
information given here, you do so at your own risk.
The authors do not assume responsibility for your